If you were hurt in a car accident, a car accident lawyer Newport Beach CA relies on may be able to help you recover the compensation you deserve. At BRUNO | NALU, we know how intimidating it can be to face the justice system on your own and want to make the process as easy as possible for you. We are here to help you build a strong case and represent your best interests.
Hundreds of injury-causing car accidents occur in California every single day. They happen due to all kinds of honest but severe driving mistakes, outright negligent behavior on the roads, and adverse conditions. Just as there are thousands of circumstances in which cars, commercial trucks, motorcycles and other vehicles collide, litigation to compensate victims can go in a thousand different directions.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents occur every day in California. Some of the them are minor while others result in life-threatening injuries. Some common causes of car accidents may include:
Speeding: Whether it’s due to being in a hurry or simply not paying attention to the speed limit signs, speeding is never a wise idea.
Distracted Driving: A car accident lawyer Newport Beach CA respects may also represent clients who have been in car accidents caused by distracted driving. When drivers respond to a text message or eat food while behind the wheel, they may take their attention off the road and increase the risk of an accident.
Tailgating: Some drivers become impatient and drive too closely to the vehicle in front of them. If the car in front of them brakes suddenly, there won’t be enough time to react.
Drunk Driving: Drivers who get behind the wheel after having too many alcoholic beverages can lose their focus and get into accidents.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents injure thousands of people every year. Some of the injuries are easy to recover from while others are life-threatening. A car accident lawyer Newport Beach CA trusts has likely represented clients with many types of car accident injuries, including:
- Head Injuries: A car accident can result in several types of traumatic brain injuries, including concussions. A concussion occurs when the head receives trauma from impact or a sudden movement. This injury can lead to skull fractures, bleeding, and swelling. A minor concussion could take a few weeks to heal, but a severe head injury might take a few years to heal — if it heals at all. Many accident victims with severe traumatic brain injuries find that they are left with permanent damage.
- Whiplash: Whiplash caused by sudden movement of the head and neck and it can lead to severe damage in the neck and shoulders. A person with whiplash may experience pain and stiffness in the neck, dizziness, headaches and nerve injury. If you’ve experienced whiplash — event if you believe it is minor — don’t hesitate to reach out to a car accident lawyer Newport Beach CA residents depend on.
- Chest Injuries: Blunt force from car accident can also lead to chest injuries. If a person slams his or her chest up against the steering wheel or another object during a collision, he or she may have broken ribs or internal bleeding. A car accident lawyer Newport Beach CA respects may have represented clients who experienced cardiac arrest from getting injured in the chest.
- Leg Injuries: A car accident lawyer Newport Beach CA counts on has likely helped car accidents victims who suffered leg injuries, such as broken bones, during motor vehicle crashes. These injuries usually occur when a person’s legs get smashed against the sides of the car. They’re typically not life-threatening, but leg injuries can be very painful and require long recovery times.
- Back Injuries: Back injuries can also result from the impact of a car crash, such as fracture, disc injury and lumbar spine injury. A Newport Beach car accident lawyer may have represented car accident victims whose back injuries resulted in permanent disability.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit?
If you plan to file a lawsuit after a car accident, understand that you only have so much time to do it. In California, you typically have two years to file your lawsuit in court. After that amount of time has passed, you will not be able to pursue a claim. For this reason, it is important to consult with a car accident lawyer Newport Beach CA trusts as soon as possible. He or she may start working on your case right away and help you put this all behind you.
What Damages Can I Claim?
If you are filing a car accident lawsuit with the assistance of a Newport Beach car accident lawyer, there are several types of damages you may be entitled to, including:
- Lost wages
- Past and future medical bills
- Vehicle damage
- Pain and suffering
- During your first consultation with a car accident lawyer Newport Beach CA depends on, he or she may help you calculate how much compensation you should expect to receive from these damages if you win your case.
- Setting Up a Consultation With a Car Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a car accident, it may be in your best interest to speak to a car accident lawyer Newport Beach CA depends on. Our firm offers free initial consultations, so you have nothing to lose by talking to us.
During your initial meeting with a car accident lawyer, he or she may want to learn more information about the accident that caused your injuries. For example, your lawyer may want to find out when the accident took place and how many people were involved. Make sure to be as detailed as possible in your answers.
It may also be important to bring certain documentation with you, such as a police report and medical records, during your first meeting with a car accident lawyer Newport Beach CA offers. He or she may want to review this documentation to determine the best way to proceed with your case.
The Right Trial Lawyers For Serious And Complex Claims
If you are a fellow attorney evaluating an accident-related injury or wrongful death case that appears high in value and likely to go to trial, we encourage you to reach out to our firm, BRUNO│NALU. We are based in Orange County, but we have the ability to handle matters statewide.
Our founder and lead trial lawyer, Keith Bruno, is a proven force in case preparation and a dynamic presence in the courtroom. We go for the win — the big win. Keith’s record in more than 100 prior jury trials backs that up.
The more serious the outcomes of a car wreck are, the more reason insurers and opposing counsel have to push back, deny or delay valid claims and refuse to offer even remotely fair settlements. For victims and their families, this creates excruciating hardship. But so does acceptance of a settlement inadequate to restore quality of life and provide long-term stability.
A Comprehensive Approach To Building Cases And Winning In Court
Many permanent, catastrophic injury and fatality claims demand total preparation for trial and the best possible presentation in court. They go in favor of the car accident lawyer in Newport Beach CA with the right strategies, forensic and medical evidence, supporting testimony and emotional appeals — to cite just a few of our areas of focus.
If you are looking at an auto injury case and recognizing the likelihood for disputed fault and damages, insurance bad faith or other complex factors, the right call is to contact us at BRUNO│NALU. We will be honored to collaborate with you and will do everything possible to reward your trust in us with excellent results.
A car accident can affect your life in many ways and you deserve justice for that. If you are looking for a car accident lawyer Newport Beach CA offers, contact BRUNO | NALU at 949-988-0932.